Shannon Holms Art Studio
Over my career, I have melded visual arts with other forms of communicative arts.
I have worked in a wide range of roles including art director, marketing director, communications director, engagement director as well as a makeup artist, a stage and set designer, mural painter on the sides of large buildings and a writer. While working full time, I painted and participated in a number of art shows, listed below.
• 2014 Ministry of Justice Fine Art show
• 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Ministry of Health Sixth floor Fine Art Show
• 2017 Mary Winspeare Art Show with Nicholas Pearce
• 2018, 2019 Ministry of Health Fifth Floor Fine Art Show
• 2019 Mary Winspeare “About Face” Portrait Show with Nicholas Pearce
• 2019 Coast Collective Ocean Show
• 2020 Gage Gallery Crisis in Creativity Art Show
• 2020 Tribute to Dr. Bonnie Henry Ministry of Health Art Show
• 2020 XChanges Gallery Membership Art Show
• 2020-2021 Remax Oak Bay Avenue – Solo Show
I am currently working as a full time artist and am a member of the Gage Gallery Collective as well as the Xchanges Art Gallery and Collective.
Shannon Holms Bio
Shannon Holms Bio
I was born in Canada, and have spent most of my time on, or around, Vancouver Island, I have always been involved with the creative arts.
I started drawing and painting as soon as I could hold a pencil and paint brush in my hand.
Inspired by light, beauty, boldness and colour, I paint the natural world and portraits. Inspired by Klimt, Van Gogh, John Singer Sergeant, Hokusai, and Monet, my style is realistic at times and stylized with drama and colour for other pieces.
I studied Fine Arts at the University of Victoria; Graphic Design and Broadcast Journalism at Camosun College; attended Simon Fraser University and obtained a Bachelor in Applied Sciences with a major in Communications as well as post graduate studies at the University of Los Angeles.
In addition to painting, I have won awards for my work in communications and engagement: The Silver and Bronze Quill Awards from the International Association of Business Communicators and the Canadian Award for engagement from the International Association of Public Participation.